Sunday, January 18, 2009

Obama and Feminism (not linked, just both talked about here)

I was just searching to see if there were any countdown clocks to tell me just how soon Barack Obama would be inaugurated into the office of the President. Now, normally not really a noteworthy thing on it's own, but I ran into something very interesting. I found almost 5 times more of these countdown clocks waiting for when Obama was out of office (if you are curious as I am writing this there are 1462 days, 2 hours, 48 mins and 55...54...53 seconds until Obama leaves office.) On a much better note (at least for me anyway) there is only 1 day, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 9...8...7 seconds until he is inagurated.

I just thought that the fact that there were more clocks for when he will be out was interesting.


Also, just mentioning to my boyfriend and his friends about the conversation on feminism brought up the most interesting conversation. I love hearing what guys have to say about this stuff.


"Women can be feminist, and so can men... but why can't we have 'masculnists'? Why? Because then women would get mad at that... it's not acceptable."
"We can't have a White Power parade and not be looked down upon.
"The world is full of double standards"
"I can't screw my way to the top..."


I just found all this interesting because I don't feel like we get the male perspective enough. Not just in our class, but in my daily life I wish I could hear more about what guys say.


Anyway, any thoughts from anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment