Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lately

I haven't written much lately... I just don't know what to write about anymore. J-term is winding down and I feel like my brain is so full of new ideas and concepts and things to struggle over.

I know a few times recently, not just in class, but outside of class I've gotten frustrated and just wanted to enjoy a movie as it is and not see the underlying messages. I want to laugh at those jokes and not feel pressured to say something and feel guilty when I don't. It's hard.

I just have to take a deep breath and realize that Rome wasn't built in a day, and likewise, I can't expect to change every one of my behaviors or actions immediately. I think that's the trap we are getting stuck in. By no means does that mean we are off the hook though. We still do need to stand up and fight against injustices we see be them in the form of jokes, or blatant disregard for another human being. It is hard, but the age old cliche says that "nothing worth having ever came easy" or something to that effect.

So keep strong friends, we got this, we can do it. Just take time to really think about these issues, internalize them and then act. That's how I feel at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment